Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Responses To CNN.com Stories

Morning all.

I use iGoogle as my homepage with a CNN news and a Fox News thingy. The CNN one has far more stories on it, so I read it more often, but sometimes it drives me fricken nuts the way they report. When you see them side by side like that it really stands out in absurdity. The stories they choose to post, the way they headline them, then, of course, the actual content.

CNN has two ways to register responses to their stories. One is links to a group of blogs, the other is like a talkback thingy with comments. Fox News has one of those second things as well, but they don't filter it at all. There's always like 20,000 responses. CNN's usually has fewer than 50 responses, and it's heavily filtered. I have no problem with the filtering. I have gotten my posts through it on more than one occasion.. not every time by any means of course, but several times.

What bothers me about it, and the reason I'm starting this blog, is that they don't have it available on every story. In fact many times they make some really ridiculous statements, or an over-the-top tone in a non-commentary article, then don't provide any means for an educated reader to point out inconsistencies, etc.

I got one right away I want to get into, so that will be my next post.

Now, let me disclaimer.

I'm a learner.. not a knower.

I don't know much about politics, the economy, the sciences I'm interested in, or much of anything. I get facts wrong sometimes, and make no apology for it, I'm talking off the top of my head and usually grab at things that are generally true.. valid point, less than perfect facts, but if you did some searches, could probably get the dead on facts. Normally the details don't discredit the point, so I don't bother getting them. It's too tedious.

So anyway. In I go.
Usarian

No comments: